Thursday, June 14, 2012

What To Do About Boots?


What am I going to do about boots for Jetta? I gave her a touch-up trim with the grinder this morning. (I must add a side note here and say it was the first time I've used the grinder on her and she was perfectly good. She was nervous, but with a little reassurance she decided she'd take a chance and trust me. She soon relaxed and realized I've done this quite a few times before and she didn't really have to worry!) There wasn't much to trim, and although her bars are not perfect, her feet have made great progress and are looking pretty good.

So on to the boot fitting. These are Glove Wides size 0. I tried them on her a few days ago and knew they didn't fit, but I was hoping against hope that something had changed in five days and that they might fit today. Nope. Still not a good fit. She has beautiful wide low heels and a nice round foot. But not a big foot. Her feet are in proportion to her body, but she's a petite 15H girl. Check out the photos below.
Nice low heels

Nice round foot
Minimal flare

A (gasp!) toe gap!

No spreading of the "V" at all

I have used Easyboots for years--first Epics, then Gloves/Glue Ons. I have never actually had my horses' feet measure perfectly according to the size chart, but I have had great success with the boots with virtually no boot failures. Training and all endurance rides (including Tevis) have been done in boots, but what am I going to do now?? Easycare, help me! Will Power Straps help? Lots of athletic tape? Advice, please!


My new girl needs boots that fit!




No comments:

Post a Comment